The Client-to-Cloud Revolution Will Change Computing
TIFCA and its membership are enabling a world of any place, any time, and any device user experiences that are delivered through create-once reach-all content and applications across all platforms. This world will be driven by a robust client-cloud ecosystem that makes it possible for users and creators to do new and amazing things.
The journey to this future is the Client-to-Cloud Revolution. Here are just some of the benefits this next computing era will bring.
Compute market size will grow because:
- Cloud-enhanced devices will do more.
- Reduced up-front costs for users to take advantage.
- Lower cost + better products = bigger audience!
Lose the Wait
The Client-to-Cloud Revolution enables:
- High quality graphics and processor-intensive applications.
- Huge performance in all form factors.
- Regular and nearly immediate user-wide computing upgrades.
The Client-to-Cloud Revolution would make it possible for application creators to:
- Do what couldn’t be done.
- Create with readily available compute horesepower to match!
- Think beyond the abilities of any single box or device.
Easier to Publish
A Write-Once, Reach Many Device ecosystem would:
- Improve product quality.
- Make it possible to reach a bigger audience all at once.
- Reduce the stress of coding for so many separate platforms all at once.
ALL DEVICES Will be Empowered
A write-once, reach many device ecosystem makes it possible to:
- Reach all instead of just some device platforms.
- Earn more revenue from more platforms at a time.
- Benefit from what each platform has to offer.
- Users get applications faster and with more ease.
Application and content developers are cutting corners because they are having to code for countless platforms separately and at once. A write-once, reach many device ecosystem would make it possible for developers to:
- Code for all platforms to their FULL ability.
- Increase customer satisfaction on all compute devices.
- Reduce the number of software bugs caused by lack of time to do things properly.
- Make application and content creation a more enjoyable process.
A collaborative client-cloud ecosystem improves compute economics:
- Processing can be regularly enhanced in cloud & data centers in addition to 1:1 user purchases.
- Client devices sell and do more both locally and through client-cloud enhancement.
- Product sales cycles shorten and happen more often across the computing ecosystem.
- New high-demand innovations are more readily supportable in short term.
ESTIMATE: Three to five million premium graphics cards are sold each year.
GAMES CONSOLE SALES RECORD: 159 million units.
POTENTIAL: Multiply the total addressable market.
Everyone benefits from this new era of computing!
- Cloud service providers have more to sell and to more people
- Device makers do more for their users
- Technology makers can scale more and more often
- Application and content creators reach a far bigger audience
- Infrastructures like 5G, Wifi6, and broadband have greater justification and purpose.
The Client-to-Cloud Revolution is more environmentally friendly because:
- A client-cloud ecosystem can be more efficiently run than local client devices alone.
- Cloud can be designed to be environmentally friendly as it scales.
- It reduces the amount of E-Waste associated with technology and computing.
- Power sources can be chosen wisely for the Client-to-Cloud Revolution.
Everyone is Enabled
In an enabled Client-to-Cloud World:
- Mobile immersive devices would benefit from premium compute ability.
- Innovators get their compute needs right away.
- Startup to viability would happen faster for bleeding edge technologies of all sizes.
It’s Time For Computing to Evolve
Why this revolution needs YOU:
- The fundamentals of computing need to grow and change!
- The benefits to the whole ecosystem are abundantly clear.
- The Client-to-Cloud Revolution requires seamless communication and interoperability between client and cloud and everything in-between to work.
The Client-to-Cloud Revolution will change computing and the computing world as we know it, and this journey is beyond the abilities of any one company.
Working together as a collaborative ecosystem in TIFCA,
this revolution will be a reality.