Immersed Europe is about giving European content makers, technology innovators, and professionals the tools and resources they need to build their businesses and careers in an immersive world.
From development expertise to media exposure, with access to the investment community and future consumers, Immersed is a must attend event.
Why was Immersed Europe created?
To date, conferences and events for immersive technologies like virtual reality, augmented reality, and stereoscopic 3D have been disproportionately centralized in Silicon Valley and the American West Coast. However, the same industry-building enthusiasm and ability exists in other parts of the world, and it’s time this potential was tapped for everyone’s benefit.
After the success of the first Immersed conference in Toronto, Canada in November, 2014, the participants identified Europe as an under-served market in the immersive technology industry.
Immersed Europe is about giving content makers, technology innovators, and professionals the tools and resources they need to build their businesses and excel in their career. These tools and resources include development expertise, media exposure, access to the investment community, and public excitement for the vibrant immersive future we are headed towards.
Immersed is designed to meet these critical needs with the vision and ability to make this industry happen in Europe. Areas of interest include virtual reality, augmented reality, stereoscopic 3D, gesture technology and more!
James Golding (Epic Games), Simon Benson (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe), Dominic Eskofier (Rockstar Games, Reddit)
Who should go?
Whether you are a professional, an entrepreneur, an investor, or a member of the media, Immersed Europe is the industry building must-attend conference for the region.
|Immersed Conference Features
There are all kinds of Meetups and Conferences. Why Did People go to Immersed Europe?
For entrepreneurs and self employed technology and content makers, Immersed Europe is a rare opportunity to showcase their work and their ideas to fellow professionals, media, and potential investors.
Immersive technology professionals looking to sharpen their skills benefited from top grade expertise that flew in from all over the world, and wonderful new relationships were formed that wouldn’t have existed otherwise.
Generalists or people who want to learn more about this industry and how it could impact their day to day had the opportunity to meet top industry experts and get a deeper grasp of where things are headed and why.
Who Spoke at Immersed Europe?
Immersed Europe’s list of speakers includes the likes of AMD, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, Crytek, Starbreeze Studios, nDreams, ImmersiON-VRelia, IM360, InMediaStudio, Droiders, and more.
Immersed continues to represent a rare opportunity to get access to some of the industry’s top thinkers both on and off the stage.
When and Where is Immersed Europe?
Immersed Europe took place September 3-4, 2015 (Thursday, Friday) in Murcia, Spain in the Economics Building at the University of Murcia.
After Immersed Europe, delegates could easily visit the local beaches and sites, or fly to other parts of Europe for as little as 100 € a flight!
Why Murcia, Spain?
For Immersed Europe to succeed, it had to directly appeal to the Europeans like no other conference can. We wanted delegates, sponsors, and speakers at Immersed Europe to not only lend a hand in helping build the immersive technology industry, we wanted them to have a great time doing it.
Here are some key features that made Murcia uniquely qualified as a host city for Immersed Europe.
Local Industry & Interest
- According to a sample size of 180.5 million people, Spain ranked highest in demand for virtual reality devices and products when compared to other European countries including the United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
- Multiple augmented and virtual reality companies are based in Murcia, and this strengthened our ability to put on a great conference.
- Murcia is the home of leading educational institutions including the University of Murcia and UCAM. Both have an interest in immersive technology.
Fun For Europeans
- Amongst Europeans, Murcia is a convenient vacation city. Murcia gets warm sunshine over 300 days a year, the scenic coast and beaches are just 30 minutes away, and they have some of the best cuisine in all of Europe.
- Immersed Europe took place in early September; a time that is considered the best weather season in Murcia and the surrounding regions.
- Murcia is an affordable Spanish city relative to others like Barcelona and Madrid. It’s also more affordable for travelers than the United Kingdom, France, and Germany.
- The Alicante airport is just a 45 minute drive away, and is a well traveled airport in Spain. The Murcia airport is also available and is a similar distance away.
- Affordable Europe to Europe flights from the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and others can be found for 100 € a flight or less.
Who Made Immersed Europe Possible?
Immersed Europe was organized by The Immersive Technology Alliance (The ITA).
An Ontario-based non-profit corporation that is non-proprietary in nature, the ITA is the official voice and industry body for immersive technologies like augmented reality, virtual reality, stereoscopic 3D, and more.
Originally founded as the Stereoscopic 3D Gaming Alliance in 2009, its name was formally changed to The ITA with an expanded mandate in March, 2014 at Game Developers Conference.
Immersed events are open to all participants whether or not they are members of the alliance.
Was the Public There?
Immersed events try to leave at least one portion of the show open to the public so they can see and try the latest technologies. The professional sessions privately continue in a separate room or a different day.
It’s imperative that there is a public grasp of why immersive technologies are as exciting as they are, and Immersed is a rare opportunity to fulfill that mandate. Public excitement translates to qualified media interest and crowdfunding support for new projects.
Immersed Europe 2015 easily had 400-500 public attendees – possibly more.