Some of the Biggest Challenges Facing Immersive Technology Professionals
- We are in the very early days of immersive technology and content development (virtual reality, augmented reality, stereoscopic 3D, etc.), and all the industry players are still learning.
- The industry is very divided and proprietary. A central community is needed that is welcoming for the whole industry and prevents unnecessary duplication and favoritism.
- It’s impossible for most vendors, content makers, and academics to openly and safely communicate in public forums and communities. Top concerns include liability, the inability to disclose through public channels, and the difficulty of maintaining effective discourse when a large portion of the audience are enthusiasts, gamers, and consumers versus actual professionals in the space.
- The politics of immersive technology prevents and handicaps a lot of much needed interaction.
- Professionals need a way to communicate and network with each other EVERY DAY, not just months apart at popular conferences and events.
What is Immersed Access?
Immersed Access is an NDA-backed private community for professionals working with or developing technologies pertaining to virtual reality, augmented reality, stereoscopic 3D, and all things immersive.
Applicable markets include video games, cinema, broadcasting, professional application development, education, and more.
The community features NDA-backed discussion forums, community-driven blogs, education sessions, and more.
What will I find in this community?
- Private password-protected discussion forums.
- Community-driven education sessions.
- Articles, blogs, and reports shared by community members.
Immersed Access will provide all reasonable means for the community to share and disseminate safely so the membership can learn from each other and ultimately help grow the immersive technology industry.
Why should I join?
- Interact, share, and learn from like-minded individuals in a safe environment.
- The community is completely private and supported by a non-disclosure agreement by all its members.
- Immersed Access is non-proprietary, and has no vested interests in specific technologies.
- The core membership are primarily professionals.
- Press and bloggers are not permitted to join Immersed Access; it’s safe to talk.
- Everything that is shared in this community is for everyone’s benefit. This community’s growth benefits the industry at large, and is not limited to a single vendor or vendor’s private interests.
- All community members are given equal status and access and are equally protected.
How much is it to join Immersed Access?
Immersed Access is a free service for Immersive Technology Alliance members. While annual ITA membership is normally $199.99 a year, the first year is $149 for individuals (“Innovator” memberships). Qualified content makers run as formal businesses can get their first year of ITA membership completely free. We are also building discount programs for affiliated organizations and events. Additional membership options are available for commercial enterprises, academic institutions, and qualified start-ups – many feature group access benefits.
Who can join?
Anyone can join provided that the Terms & Conditions are agreed and adhered to. The exception are members of the press and blogging community. This limitation is necessary so the community can openly speak and share amongst themselves.
Immersed Access is primarily targeted to content makers, technology makers, and academics working in virtual reality, augmented reality, stereoscopic 3D, and applicable immersive tech markets.