2018 is going to represent a new era for The Immersive Technology Alliance. In addition to joining forces with The Open Gaming Alliance and broadening our membership base, we are also going to be pursuing an expanded yet specialized scope that continues to benefit our membership and drive market growth in a manner that wasn’t possible before. Read More
Key presentations in this meeting included:
- Neil Schneider, ITA’s Executive Director, shared latest developments and plans for the ITA.
- Ryan McCall, Director of Sales & Business Development for Futuremark discussed their latest VRMark software.
- Simon Benson, Co-Founder of Realised Realities discussed their new business and key challenges in the VR market today.
Some quick trivia: Simon Benson was formerly Director of the Worldwide Studios Immersive Technology Group at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, and much of Sony’s PSVR is based on IP that Simon developed.
As indicated prior, meeting and contents are deemed confidential and bound my membership NDA.
The above meeting discussed:
- The current VR market trends and data
- New ITA / ITA VR Council initiatives planned for 2017
- Well Being in VR (Research Based Materials)
Headlined by Dr Jason Jerald, this meeting discusses the multiple types of virtual reality guidelines and possible directions for the alliance.
As there are so many types, we decided to build a Data Collection Working Group so we are certain we are working on guidelines and strategies that will result in something meaningful and influential for the market. This Working Group’s next meeting will help design a brief survey to make sure we are collecting the right information.
In order of appearance with timecode:
Time Index 00:00 to 19:10
Neil Schneider, Executive Director, The Immersive Technology Alliance
Daryl Sartain, ITA VR Council Chair
- Key discussion points
- Results of membership needs survey
- Market observations
- Where does the alliance go from here.
Highlights of this meeting include:
- Announcement of joining forces with the VR Council and becoming whole within The ITA.
- Presentation: Daryl Sartain, the new ITA VR Council Chair and Director of VR for Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Presentation: Neil Schneider, ITA Executive Director, highlights for the year, initiatives moving forward.
- Presentation: Bertrand Nepveu, CEO of VRvana
- Presentation: Paul Gailey Alburquerque, Marketing Director, Droiders